Contact Us

Come Visit our Beautiful and Historic Church!

Our Lady of Pompeii Shrine Church
25 Carmine Street, New York, NY 10014
Phone (212) 989-6805

Send us a Message:

Name (required)

Email (required)

Subject

Message

View the Virtual Tour of Our Beautiful Shrine (Click Here)

For PARKING GARAGE INFO (Click Here)

This beautiful church is named for the Virgin Mary under her title of Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompei. The church was designed by architect Matthew Del Gaudio, who also designed Saint Josephs’s in Chinatown. He based his work on the Romanesque styles the parishioners here at the time knew from their homes in Italy, and he included a campanile, or bell tower, a common feature of Italian churches. The building was dedicated October 7, 1928.

The church’s interior decoration was created by Antonio D’Ambrosio, founder of the D’Ambrosio Ecclesiatical Studios. The mural above the altar, complete in 1937 and restores in 1985, depicts scenes from the Battle of Lepanto, a 1571 naval battle the victory of which was credited to prayers to the Our Lady of the Rosary. Included in the mural are St.Charles Borromeo, patron saint of the Scalabrinians and Blessed John Baptist Scalabrini, founder of the Scalabrinians who built and staffed the Church of Our Lady of Pompeii.


View Larger Map